Saturday 15 May 2010

Review: Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser

SAM_0557

I’m bringing the first blog post in almost a month to you from the middle of a revision session. I’d also like to add that the book above was actually taken out the university library and some one had already highlighted it – score!

Anyways. My skin is horrific. It’s dry, it’s shiny, it’s spotty, it’s clean – it really just can’t decide. I had been using the Garnier Gel Moisturiser I was going to review, but that was just making my skin extra dry (and it was just horrible). I needed a moisturiser which was thick enough to really make my skin take a drink, but not so heavy it was going to take a year to dry. Enter Simple’s offering, which was on a £2 special in Asda last week – not too sure how much it is normally. What do you get for your pennies though?

The box is full of little promises: “Smile, it’s simple… when your skin’s happy and fresh faces, you feel healthier and happier too. Our Hydrating Light Moisturiser is a perfect blend of active ingredients and vitamin goodness to keep your skin replenished and hydrated. Perfect even for sensitive skin.” It also boasts two vital vitamins, pro-vitamin B5 and Vitamin E as well as two skin loving nutrients of glycerine and borage oil seed. To be honest, I’m not sure what all that means – but I bet it’s good things. And as with all Simple product there are no perfumes or colours, which is something I can really get on board with.

SAM_0561

And a simple bottle. Easy to hold and easy to use, espcially when this is how you dispense the product:

SAM_0564

It’s taken me a good week to be able to get the moisturiser out without either getting too much or not enough. This is a little bit of a flaw with this product – a pump would have worked a lot better.

SAM_0565

Nice and thick, without being too thick. IT’s not trying to run away from my hand into my lap, that’s for sure.

SAM_0567

And it rubs out to a nice thin layer. It’s easily absorbed into skin and dries off pretty quickly.

This is where I should mention that when they say light, they mean light – this is definitely a day time formula and for real results this would probably have to become part of a day and night routine. It has helped with my dry skin on my face, but I’m still having a few problem areas.

Definitely value for money if you can get it on special offer, and if it’s less than £4 then I’ll probably end up buying it again. I’d give it 3.5 out of 5, with points lots of the design of the bottle and for being just a little bit too light. Comes in 125ml size.

name

1 comment:

  1. Glad it worked well for you but when I used this "Kind to Skin" moisturiser, it gave me a pretty severe chemical burn all over my face. Happened to some friends too using other Simple products. I don't even have sensitive skin!

    ReplyDelete