Tuesday 2 February 2010

Promises of 2010: Update

newstart

Happy February everyone! I did mean to do this yesterday but got sidetracked by a visit from my boyfriend – we spent the whole day watching my new True Blood DVDs! At less than £18 on Amazon they are an absolute bargain - £10 cheaper than anywhere else.

But I’m getting sidetracked. Let me tell you how I’m getting on with my promises.

Love and Life.
I’m still on track with sharing the lovey dovey feelings with my boyfriend – which is a brilliant thing of course. I don’t think we’ll be doing Valentines Day (we think it’s a little bit silly), so we’re being happy now. I’m no longer on my own in the flat – at least one of the toxic friends is here at all times, but we just generally avoid each other; too much has been said and done to ever go back to being real friends. But we keep it all amicable – talking about electricity expenses and things, pleasantries and the like. All very boring. I don’t know if you all noticed, but I blogged every weekday last week and have at least two more posts planned for this week, so I’m keeping to my blog more promise. The book situation isn’t going too well, but I’m planning to do some reading once I’ve tidied my room after this!

Money.

2010savings

It’s the cute little money bar again. Compared to last post it’s a lot fuller! In fact, it is now a fifth full – each little pink and purple bar stands for £10 and I have now managed to save a whole £100! I don’t plan on being able to save so much every month, but it’s nice to have a big kick start thanks to a much bigger than expected payslip for January. Being less frivolous with my spending money is going a bit better. I’ve found though that I had a lot of little things to buy in the last week and in the next week too – ink for my printer, new mascara and paper for going back to university soon. I think I’m doing a little bit better.

University.
Classes still don’t start for another week yet, so there’s not very much to report here. I had my resit exam last week, but I still don’t know how I did on that. I hope well enough to pass, but we’ll just all have to wait and see.

Myself.
I was doing really well with the nail biting thing and my nails had looked better than they ever had – except the skin around them had started peeling and splitting. It was definitely not very nice. This didn’t bode well for me and I’m right back were I started with horrible ratty nails. But I’m not going to let that get me down – I’ll just have to start again! For my weight and body image… it’s not been going too well. With being stuck in the flat with not much to do I’ve been boredom eating and just not taking very good care of myself. It’ll all be fine though once university starts back up. I hope.

I hope everyone else is having a lot of luck sticking to their resolutions and promises!

name

No comments:

Post a Comment