Monday 4 January 2010

Promises of 2010: So far.

This obviously relates back to the post I made yesterday. Being that it is only the 4th of January, I haven’t made too much of a dent into any of my promises so far, but I would love to share with you what I have done already!

Love and Life.
Since I’m actually in the flat on my own I haven’t had a chance to make any improvements with the toxic friends, however thanks to the internet and my mobile phone I have been able to tell my boyfriend that I love him everyday so far. I’ve also spent some time with my real and new friends over the start of the year which is brilliant. And I’m blogging more! Two days in a row. The reading situation isn’t being remedied yet – I’m trying to tidy up the flat and get important things done for the rest of the month so I have more time to relax.

Money.
I have actually saved money! I’ve made a cute little graphic to monitor my saving as well!:

2010savings 
Each of the little bars represents £10, which means that I’ve saved £40 so far from my work pay. I also designed this graphic in such a way that I need to save in £20 increments or I would also be one bar short because of the white on white colour scheme. I’m consider changing the white bars though – but you’ll have to wait until February to see if I do. I also wasted a little bit of money the day before yesterday – I had to order in for my dinner because Tesco’s had shut earlier. But I made the take away stretch to last night’s dinner as well which makes it slightly better value.

University.
I’ve probably mentioned this before, but I don’t actually go back to university until the middle of February, so I can’t really tackle this section of my promises until then. However, I am still waiting for the result of that terrible finance exam I mentioned which means I might end up having to spend all of this month studying for a re-sit.

Myself.
The mention of take away above obviously means I’m not having much luck with the weight side of things at the moment, but that will all change when I go to Tesco’s later on today – I will be planning out a menu and sticking to it and it’s going to be packed full of fruit and veggies – I live about 5 minutes away from Tesco and Sainsburys which means that I can pick up fresh ones whenever I need. For the nails side of thing, I’ve painted them with a clear glitter varnish which is barely noticeable to anyone if they choose to look and my horrible hands, but I know it’s there – meaning I don’t want to bite them! And since I’ve not left the house since New Years Day, I haven’t really had a chance to work on my self image or confidence, but they will probably improve as my weight drops and my nails grow.

How has the first half week of the New Year been to everyone?

name

No comments:

Post a Comment