Thursday 24 September 2009

Revisiting BADgal Mascara

badgalImage courtesy of the Benefit website.

Cast your mind back to June.
You might remember that in the middle of June (when it was still sunny!) I did a review on BADgal Lash Mascara and that I wasn’t all that impressed with it. You may also notice that at the bottom of that post I mentioned that leaving mascara alone for a few weeks after first opening it helps out with the formula – I find it makes it thicker and just better to use. I know there’s a bit of a difference between a couple of weeks and three months, but my DiorShow Iconic has finally and truly bit the dust and it’s time to move on. I have no worries about bacteria growing on my mascaras, eye lash curlers etc. as I regularly clean all my tools and check for dodgy smells in my products.

Afterthoughts?
I was completely wrong and right about BADgal. This is the result from the first use back in June:

mascara

A little bit of length, but fairly lacklustre and certainly not fit for someone who wants to be glamorous and fab. This was after two applications and layers. So here we go with the new “test”:

nomascara

No mascara, just curled – for some reason the ends of my lashes have gone ridiculously blonde. I also got a fringe, if anyone’s wondering why there is suddenly a lot of hair in the shot. AND this is the first picture taken for this blog using my new camera that I mentioned previously. I wish I could show you what it could really do! Anyways, back to the point. And with the newly thickened mascara:

mascara

I will admit that it doesn’t look all that impressive… until I tell you that this is after just one swipe of a mascara wand! One quick swipe. I was only nipping to Tesco for the newspaper so I wasn’t going all out, but I was incredibly impressed. I used it last night when I was heading out to the bar and did a few coats of short sharp strokes and WOW. I’ll probably take a picture the next time I put on make up properly and show you gals.

So?
Get this mascara when you feel you’re getting at the end of a tube, open it, apply once and then leave until your other mascara finishes – you won’t be disappointed.

name

No comments:

Post a Comment