Tuesday 29 September 2009

What’s on your face?

Or more politely titled, “What make up are you wearing today?”.

SAM_0084

Blend blend blend!
This is one of my favourite things to do when I’m on the internet – looking inside other peoples handbags, purses and bedrooms because I’m just a nosy person in general. So I thought I would show everyone what make up I wear on a day to day bases. The first picture just above this paragraph is everything together and all laid out very nicely and neatly – sadly it doesn’t look like that when I’ve got it stored. I put my make up on in the morning and my morning facial care routine is a exfoliation using a Avon scrub and moisturise with Nivea Soft cream. I normally let my moisturiser soak in for about 15 or 20 minutes before I start on my make up.

Face.SAM_0086

The first thing I put on is my DiorSkin Nude liquid foundation in shade 010. You can read my review of it here. I don’t use a brush or sponge for liquid foundation – I prefer to use my clean fingers. I then pop on a little bit of Rimmel’s Hide The Blemish Concealer in shade 103 Soft Honey over any marks/spots and a little bit under each eye to hide the bags – I use a brush for spots (not pictured) and just a finger for the eye area. My next step is to apply a little bit of Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation in shade Candy Cane (which is actually a little bit too pinky for me) over my whole face to minimise my pores. I use the longer power brush for that.

What I do next step is probably going to sound a bit strange to everyone, but bare with me. I apply some Bourjois Blush in shade 54 Rose Frisson to my cheeks and then using the large kabuki brush I swipe Rimmel’s Stay Matte Pressed Powder in shade 005 Silky Beige over my entire face, blending the blusher as I do so. I don’t know why I do this – I just find it works a whole lot better for me and makes my blush look really smoothly blended. I carry the kabuki brush and Rimmel powder with me in my bag for day time touch ups.

Eyes.SAM_0087

After I’ve done my base, I move onto my eye make up. I apply some Urban Decay Primer Potion of my lid area and while I wait for that to dry I curl my lashes for the first time. I then use the eye shadow brush pictured and apply the top shade from the Eyeko 5 in 1Eyeshadow Cake in shade Pretty Eyes. It’s a pretty and subtle sparkly gold colour and works really well for day time. I then curl my lashes again before apply a lot of BADgal Lash Mascara in black – you can read my review of it here. I don’t tend to use eyeliner during the day, but prefer to save it for night time and when I want to feel extra glamorous. Saying that, I do go through stages where I like to wear eyeliner every day – when I do wear it I use Avon Glimmer sticks in shade Blackest Black.

Lips.SAM_0090

This is the dreadfully boring section I’m afraid. I burnt my lip and the skin just above it about three weeks ago on a too hot Cuppasoup and it’s still healing – being near my mouth isn’t helping obviously. So while it’s still quite dry and unsmooth I’ve been avoiding lipsticks and coloured glosses to try and avoid people looking at the hideous mess that it is. So I give my lips a quick swipe of Cherry Chapstick for a subtle colour and then go over it in Avon Plump Pout lip gloss in shade Pink Pucker, which is mostly clear.

Done.
The whole routine takes me about ten minutes now – I’ve got it down to a very fine art. So now I’m interested – what do all of you wear on your face make up wise on a normal day? What do you wear on a night out if you want to look extra glamorous and sexy? Leave a comment or do your own blog post and link me to it!

name

2 comments:

  1. Great post!

    I use Lily Lolo foundation, too. It's amazing! I like to use a kabuki brush to buff it on. On regular days I do that, fill in my brows with Too Faced powder that came in a set, mascara (usually maybelline define-a-lash or lash stiletto), Benefit hoola on my cheeks, and sometimes a clean black line using Mac fluidline (so much easier to apply than liquid liner!). On my lips I just use carmex or vaseline.

    UDPP is great too - I saw a video on youtube where a girl cut hers open when it was "finished" and scraped out loads more product; just a wee tip for when it appears to have run out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tube for the Potion Primer is absolutely ridiculous - it's the worst shape ever and just so unpractical! I don't think I'm even half way through the product and it's already getting very difficult to get out. I don't want to cut it until I have to though - I'll some how end up making a mess.

    ReplyDelete