Wednesday 20 January 2010

Review: Boots Extracts Fairtrade Mango Body Wash

mango1

I apologise for the terrible picture. I just couldn’t get my camera to focus on anything. Anyways, Boots Extracts Mango Body Wash. It came as part of the gift set with the Brazil Nut Body Butter and Cocoa Butter Body Wash (which I’ll review later on). The whole Boots Extracts range is all about fair trade conditions being used to create your product while you get to be clean, soft and smell great. The blurb from the website page for this specific product says:

Boots Extracts has been developed to make a difference. Extracts have created this wonderfully indulgent mango body wash with Fairtrade certified ingredients.

In this case, the fair trade ingredients included in the mixture are mango extracts and honey, with the mango also being organic. Guilt free beauty! And it is beauty; the tube promises that the product “gently cleanses, conditions and moisturises, leaving skin feeling soft and smooth” and who wouldn’t want that?

The rest of the packaging leaves a little something be desired – it’s a squeezy tube which is stored with the cap facing downwards. This can lead to a little bit too much product being dispensed as well as a bit of leakage into the actual cap itself. The labelling also looks like something you might find on a supermarket in the exotic tea section – it doesn’t scream bathroom.

mango2

The actual formula is quite thick, and a very pale orange yellow colour – this isn’t going to stain your shower curtain or bathmat (I’m looking at you Body Shop Raspberry scrub). It’s also fairly thick, so if you’re not going to use it with a puff or sponge it isn’t just going to slide off your body as soon as water hits it. If you do use it with a puff then you’re going to feel fab – it lathers up into some serious suds and the smell! It smells absolutely divine. So sweet and fruity. I’m not 100% sure what mangos smell like, if I’m being honest, but if they smell like this then they must be terribly tasty.

After using it the first couple of times I did find that my skin did seem to be a little bit softer, but I think that might be because this body wash makes me never want to leave the shower so I’m probably getting circulation and exfoliation going with the overzealous use of my shower puff.

I would definitely repurchase this body wash, even more so if it was in slightly better packaging. Overall, I’d give it 4.5/5 – the tube ruined it for me! You can buy it for yourself in Boots for £4 per 200ml tube.

name

No comments:

Post a Comment