Wednesday 7 October 2009

Save, Spend, Splurge #2

I apologise for this first post of the week being made so late! Time has been running away from me again!

For this SSS I’ve decided to avoid clothes and head into the territory of face powders. I have tired both the Save and Spend in this category, but I’ll be leaving my opinions out of this one I think – you really need to try make up for yourself to see what you like, especially when it comes to anything that involves base make up.

Saverimmel
The “save” face powder is the British staple of Rimmel. It’s one of the first make up brands a lot of girls use and it’s even a favourite amongst the older generations. I still use certain Rimmel products now, mixed in with my high end items. The product I’m using for today’s SSS on face powders is, of course, Stay Matte Pressed Powder. It’s available in 6 different shades from Boots, Superdrug and most other chain chemists. At the moment it’s priced at £3.81 in most places, however, from the looks of the Boots website they’re bringing out a new formula, package design and upping the price to £3.99, so look out for it in the near future.

Spend
no7 
I’m afraid this is the best picture I could find of my choice for the “spend” face powder, so please forgive me. For simplicity’s sake, it’s Boots No7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder. According to the Boots website it comes in four shades, however it does till up at a mid range price of £11.50. It does trump the Rimmel powder and made the price slightly more bearable when you remember that it comes in a compact with a mirror and face puff (though I don’t know anyone who still uses a face puff to apply powder…?), making it a good on the move powder and much more useful.

Splurge
chanel 
The last product in our line up is our “splurge” and girls - it’s a splurge. It’s the Chanel Poudre Douce Soft Pressed Powder. And it’s a splurge item because it’s going to cost you in the region of £30, maybe even a bit more. I’m not too sure how many shades it is available in – the official Chanel website is only showing three different shades, where as the Debenhams website is showing me six. I’m sure that if you go to your local Chanel counter in your choice of department store they will have a shade to suit you. This powder is, like the No7, a compact as well as a powder and has a mirror for on the go touch ups.

So whatever your budget, you’ll be able to find a powder which is right for you and won’t break your bank. I think I might do my next Save, Spend, Splurge on biscuits though…

name

No comments:

Post a Comment