Thursday 1 October 2009

Simple but Tasty #1

tasty

Something new! But it will be fairly infrequent. I just made the best sandwich and I had to share it with everyone. It’s healthy, tasty, cheap and so easy to make that anyone could do it.

Tuna and veggie mayo sandwich
You will need:
Two slices of bread (your choice)
One tin of tuna chunks
A cucumber portion
A small tin of sweetcorn
Some iceberg lettuce
Low-fat mayonnaise

What you do:
1. Open and drain your tin of tuna. Put it in medium sized tub or bowl and use a fork to break up the chunks.
2. Add a few spoons of sweetcorn – I use quite a lot, but it’s personal preference.
3. Chop up some cucumber into small cubes. Again it’s personal preference, but I use two or three thick slices.
4. Add the sweetcorn and cucumber to the bowl and mix it around a bit.
5. Add your mayo. I use a lot of mayo as I like everything to stick together – but it’s your lunch so use as much as you like. Mix it all together.
6. Break up some of the lettuce into strips and place it on either slice of bread. Spoon on some of your tuna mix and then sandwich everything together.
7. Eat!

I love how the cucumber and lettuce give a bit of crunch and refreshment to an otherwise boring sandwich. I could seriously eat all of the mix in one go, it’s so yummy. Sadly, I don’t have a picture of my finished sandwich, but I’m sure you can imagine how it looks. Enjoy!

name

No comments:

Post a Comment