Monday 20 July 2009

Cupcakes – pink and tasty!

Here’s one I made earlier.
Quite literally as well – the cakes in the photos were actually made in April or May, but I only just uploaded the photos this week. I used the recipe from here (which I adapted from another recipe and then adapted again with food colouring and slightly more milk than I probably should have put in!). These cakes really were so soft and moist – everyone loved them.

prebake
You can see the colour of the batter before it was cooked, it was a very similar colour to the cakes when they were baked. To get that colour I used a very little amount of red food colouring, not pink, but you have to be very careful or you will end up with cakes which are just far too dark. You can see I drink Diet Coke while I bake – keeps me caffeinated!

baked
You can see the colour of the baked cakes in the above photo. I should have waited for the cakes to cool down fully before peeling the paper off – the heat caused the paper to stick a little bit. Wait for them to cool if you want to have a nice clean peel!

What has everyone else baked recently?

name

1 comment: