Wednesday 11 November 2009

Must See Movies.

I work in a cinema. I think I’ve mentioned it before. Anyways. I see most of the new films as they’re coming out (though I don’t think I’ll be going to see Jennifer’s Body any time soon if I’m being honest. I could talk about films I’ve seen recently and tell you to go and see them, but I think I’m going to talk about two films which are out in the next week and a half which I am absolutely dying to see.

Harry Brown (out Wednesday)

harry-brown-michael-caine-emfl-01

Described as a "modern urban western," the titular Harry Brown (Caine) is an elderly widower and former Royal Marine who has lived to see his South London neighbourhood overrun by violent gangs, drugs and crime. When his best friend Leonard (Bradley) is brutally murdered and the gang leader (Plan B) responsible walks free, Harry finds himself snapping. Soon, his desire for revenge leads to the vigilante facing up to the young thugs, with terrifying results.”

The first time I saw this advertised was just before I saw Saw VI for the first time so my mind wasn’t very focused. The second time I watched Saw VI and when I went to see The Men Who Stare At Goats on Monday it was the only trailer that I could actually remember. The little snippet above makes the film sound well… not very good if I’m being honest but you simply must watch the trailer. It looks gritty and real and just absolutely amazing. I’m really looking forward to it. Michael Caine is a wonderful actor.

Twilight: New Moon (out next Friday 00.01am)

twilight_new_moon_leaked_poster

I don’t think I need to give a description or explanation. It’s probably going to be just as bad as the first one, but I just have to see it. I can’t not see it. And I’m definitely much more excited than any 19 year old probably should be. I already have my tickets for the midnight showing… do you?

What films are you most looking forward to?

name

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'll be going to see any of those BUT I am looking forward to where the wild things are! a month to go!

    ReplyDelete