Saturday 12 December 2009

Getting ready to gear up for a New Year.

fireworksSee the full sized image by chanmelmel here. 

A New Year, a new you?
2009 is coming to an end, apparently. In fact, it’s less than three weeks away. If I’m honest with myself, that’s a little scary. This year has gone by so quickly and I don’t like it. It’s been a year of up’s and down’s, personally and within the wider world. I’m ready to leave it behind– however, I won’t forget it. Some amazing things have happened this year, and I’ve met some amazing people.

A list.
The fail safe option for me, for anything if you didn’t know by now, is a list. What does this have to do with New Years and 2010? Well, for one, I’m going to make a full list of promises. Not resolutions. Promises are more meaningful than resolutions, I think, and thus I’m much more likely to want to keep them. Secondly, I’m going to actually use 2010 to do the things I want to do and become the person that I want to become.

For me.
2010 is going to be all about me. I’m going to stop trying to please other people and bend to their whims. Everything I do next year is going to be 100% me. This is why, for the next two and a half weeks I’m going to be compiling my list of promises for 2010 to be posted on this blog on the 31st of December 2009. At the end of every month I’m going to look through the list and tick off all the things I’ve done. And let me promise you, this is going to be a long list. Hopefully, by this time next year I’ll have done everything.

I would love to know what you guys are planning to do next year, what you might be promising yourself or even you’re good old fashioned resolutions.

name

No comments:

Post a Comment